Job title: Accounting and Finance Intern
Job Type: Full or Part Time
Location: Washington, DC
About the Firm:
Patomak Global Partners is a leading financial sector consultancy that applies the insights of senior-level industry experts to advise clients on complex and cutting-edge strategy and risk management challenges. Clients range from emerging cryptocurrency and FinTech companies to major global financial institutions.
This is a position designed for undergraduate students interested in exploring private practice accounting and finance at a cutting-edge consulting firm in the heart of DC. In working at Patomak, individuals will improve upon their understanding of fundamental business practices, accounting, accounts payable and receivable functions, expense reporting, internal controls, budgeting, forecasting, and more. Interns receive the opportunity to explore the internal financial practices of a growing firm and gain valuable workplace skills for longer-term career success. The work will prove instructive for any undergraduate who is seeking experience in accounting and financial operations.
Responsibilities may include:
- Data entry/analysis regarding time entry software, expenses and revenue, project profitability assessments, and management reporting.
- Monitoring and reconciling accounts of financial operations related to accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Providing accounting and financial management support, including: drafting/editing reports and presentations; creating and reconciling bookkeeping journal entries; assisting managers during invoice review/editing process; and completing other tasks commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- At least one year of completed undergraduate course work. Coursework in accounting, finance, or similar subjects is preferred.
- Recommended minimum GPA of a 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- All-hands-on-deck mentality befitting a collaborative work environment.
- Pro-active and curious; ability to quickly get up to speed on new topics.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel.
- Familiarity with Quickbooks Online and Microsoft SharePoint is preferred but not required.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Positive attitude and desire to learn.
- Experience handling sensitive information is a plus.
- Applicant must be able to pass a background check.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter please clearly indicate your interest in the accounting and finance internship.