Risk Management & Compliance Associate
Come join Patomak Global Partners in Washington, DC or New York City
Patomak Global Partners is a leading financial sector consulting firm that applies the insights of senior-level industry experts to advise clients on complex and cutting-edge strategy and compliance and risk management challenges.
We are experiencing high growth and are looking for individuals that are self-starters and eager to learn from the best in the industry. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with senior industry and regulatory experts. Day to day interaction with former senior government officials and industry leaders will provide a unique and transformational professional experience.
Patomak is seeking a mid-level professional with a good understanding of SEC/FINRA and/or CFTC/NFA rules and regulations. In this associate role, you would apply your knowledge of these rules and regulations to compliance and risk programs in light of regulatory expectations and best practices and identify opportunities for clients to enhance their compliance and risk programs, business models, and operations.
This position offers you the opportunity join a high performing team in a fast-paced work environment. You will be leading cutting edge projects and work on new challenges to the industry specific to risk and compliance.
- Exceptional compensation and excellent work culture
- Growing, profitable company
- Broad exposure and learning opportunities
- Global client base ranging from the biggest banks in the world to the newest fintech firms
- Professional team of coworkers who are experts in their specialties
Overview of the job duties:
- Assess client’s compliance programs against rules, regulations, and supervisory expectations,
- Conduct testing to determine controls effectiveness,
- Design and implement enhanced internal controls framework,
- Review clients’ governance framework, operations, and trade and communication surveillance systems,
- Prepare written reports and other deliverables for the client, and
- Closely collaborate with Managers, Senior Directors, and Managing Directors on business development and project execution.
Skills and Desired Qualifications:
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with teams focused on identifying or overcoming compliance challenges facing leading financial companies.
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- “All-hands-on-deck” mentality befitting a collaborative work environment.
- Pro-active and curious; ability to quickly get up to speed on new topics, regulatory priorities, and rules and regulations.
- Flexible in adapting to new job duties and client demand.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Positive attitude and desire to learn.
Education and/or Relevant Experience:
3-5 years of risk management or compliance experience (e.g., consulting firm, law firm, financial firm) and/or service in a financial government agency (e.g., SEC, CFTC).
Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following:
- Securities (SEC / FINRA) rules and regulations as applicable to broker dealers, security based swap dealers, or investment advisers
- Commodities (CFTC / NFA) rules and regulations as applicable to swap dealers or futures commission merchants
- Banking regulations particularly capital and risk management rules.
- Regulatory examinations, investigations, and enforcement experience at a regulator or consulting firm.
- Advanced degree preferred but not required
To Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com