Job Title: Controller
Job Type: Full-Time, Salary Exempt
Reports To: Chief Finance Officer and Chief Executive Officer
Location: Washington, DC
About the Firm: Patomak Global Partners is a leading financial sector consultancy that applies the insights of senior-level industry experts to advise clients on complex and cutting-edge strategy and risk management challenges.
Patomak is seeking an Administrative Director in our Washington, DC office.
- Manage financial statements and financial processing with accuracy and detail.
- Perform timely and accurate month-end close, including bank reconciliations.
- Provide financial analysis and monitor business performance metrics.
- Perform the day-to-day activities of all accounting operational functions to include accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, and payroll.
- Enter payables and receivables and monitor banking transactions.
- Manage the client invoicing process from start to finish, including follow-ups on past due invoices.
- Ability to create and maintain processes and policies, anticipating challenges and proactively putting processes and policies in place to ensure smooth management of financial functions.
- Maintain general ledger and cash management using Quickbooks.
- Provide regular reporting, with a focus on providing management with information vital to the decision-making process.
- Manage vendor process including entering invoices and making payments
- Coordinate with outside accountants (including Ernst & Young) for annual audit and otherwise as needed.
- Manage, set, and drive facility strategy and processes for space planning and facility operations, including lease and broker relations.
- Liaise with IT consultants and device management. Assist with end-user procurement and set-up.
- Manage cash flow projections and assist with year-end 1099s.
- Oversee the interviewing, screening, and selection of qualified applicants to fill open positions. Oversee the execution of payroll, benefits, and risk mitigation.
- Train, develop and evaluate Staff on any and all policies and procedures and software necessary to perform their job tasks.
- This position will coordinate with management to obtain insurance coverage for general liability, auto insurance, employee health, dental, vision, life, AD&D, STD, and LTD, etc.
- At least 5 years of accounting experience and proven knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Solid knowledge of QuickBooks and MS Office. Advanced Excel skills are required.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Professional self-starter, with the ability to work independently, without much supervision, as well as work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to prioritize ever-changing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong ability to build relationships and foster positive team collaboration, particularly with back-office Staff.
- Ability to be available remotely.
We provide excellent benefits. Work hours are between 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday – Friday, with the expectation that evening and weekend work will be required as necessary.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com