Come join Patomak Global Partners in Washington, D.C.
Patomak Global Partners is a leading financial sector consulting firm that applies the insights of senior-level industry experts to advise clients on complex and cutting-edge strategy and compliance and risk management challenges.
Patomak is experiencing high growth and is looking for an individual to support the human resources functions of the Washington, D.C. office.
Patomak is seeking a professional to fill the Director of Human Resources position in our Washington, D.C. office. The newly created role Director of Human Resources will lead the design, implementation, and management of all aspects of the firm’s human resources (HR) needs including talent acquisition and retention, employee relations, training and development, succession planning, benefits, compensation, compliance, and diversity and inclusion.
This position will report to the Chief Administrative Officer and will advise senior leadership regarding HR strategies, policies, programs, and approaches to support the talent management needs of a growing company in a dynamic and challenging industry.
- Exceptional compensation and excellent work culture.
- Growing, profitable company.
- Broad exposure and learning opportunities.
- Professional team of coworkers who are experts in their specialties.
Overview of Job Duties:
- Develop the strategies and priorities for the human resources function.
- Provide expert counsel and support to senior leaders on matters of policy development, strategic implementation of new programs and initiatives, and sensitive employee relations matters.
- Work in conjunction with the Operations team to anticipate and plan for organizational growth and expansion.
- Personally lead the design, development, and implementation of the entire platform of human resources services.
- Define, build, and leverage the Patomak brand to attract top talent.
- Assist and/or lead in the development of talent profiles.
- Proactively identify and build a pipeline of talent for key roles.
- Develop and manage staffing efforts ensuring the successful selection and on-boarding of new employees.
- Support firm leaders to meet current staffing requirements and prepare for future growth and expansion.
Training and Development:
- Collaborate with leaders to develop strategies to address the most critical training and development needs.
- Design, implement and support an on-boarding approach that leverages and reinforces the Patomak culture.
- Identify and develop solutions to meet management and leadership development needs.
- Establish, communicate, administer, and interpret human resource policies.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal employment laws, regulations, and contracts. Work with legal counsel and senior staff to update and revise policies and procedures accordingly.
- Work collaboratively with leaders and manager on all employee relations matters and the effective resolution of all potential legal issues.
- Promote diversity and inclusion via appropriate policies, initiatives, and training.
- Ensure that employee compensation programs are externally competitive and internally equitable.
- Manage all benefits programs, including administration and enrollment, employee communications, and negotiations with vendors. Analyze current benefit effectiveness, and research/recommend changes and additions.
- Leverage HRIS to maintain critical records, support/enhance human resources processes and utilize metrics and data to inform decision making.
- Collaborate with leadership to translate, communicate, and reinforce the Patomak culture throughout the organization.
- Develop and support strategies and programs to increase productivity, enhance client service and improve employee retention.
- Proactively promote, manage, and encourage employee engagement and a positive culture.
Skills, Education, and Desired Qualifications:
- Undergraduate college degree in human resources or related field; Masters and/or SPHR certification (or equivalent) desired.
- Previous experience in providing HR support and leadership in a professional services or consulting industry strongly preferred.
- 7+ years of broad based and progressively more responsible HR experience including in leadership roles.
- Demonstrated success as a business partner and advisor to senior leadership.
- Expertise in federal, state, and local employment, wage, and salary laws and regulations including, but not limited to, EEO, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, ACA, and OSHA.
- Experience across the range of specialist functions (e.g., staffing, compensation, performance management).
- Ability to quickly adapt and thrive in a maturing, sometimes ambiguous, often-changing environment.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and engage others to ensure effective solutions.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.