Paul Atkins is moderating a Federalist Society panel discussion, "Corporate Social Responsibility, Investment Strategy, and Liability Risks" on September 28, 2021 at 12:00pm ET.
Paul Atkins is moderating a Federalist Society panel discussion, “Corporate Social Responsibility, Investment Strategy, and Liability Risks” on September 28, 2021 at 12:00pm ET.
Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG) investing is growing in popularity, especially after major investment firm BlackRock signaled support for what it called “ESG Integration,” or the practice of incorporating material ESG information into investment and divestment decisions. However, since this strategy is relatively young, the short- and long-term merits and potential harm to investors are both unclear.
The panel will discuss a new paper, titled “Corporate Collusion” and written by former U.S. Ambassador and White House Counsel C. Boyden Gray, and to offer their differing views on the legal issues involved, including ESG, ERISA requirements, fiduciary duty, and more.
- David J. Berger, Partner, Wilson Sonsini
- Hon. C. Boyden Gray, Founding Partner, Boyden Gray & Associates
- Hon. Hester Peirce, Commissioner, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Hon. Leo E. Strine, Jr., Of Counsel, Wachtell Lipton; former Chief Justice, Delaware Supreme Court
- Moderator: Hon. Paul S. Atkins, Chief Executive Officer, Patomak Global Partners; former Commissioner, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
This Zoom panel is open to public registration for free here: https://fedsoc.org/events/corporate-social-responsibility-investment-strategy-and-liability-risks/registercheckguest
Event page: https://fedsoc.org/events/corporate-social-responsibility-investment-strategy-and-liability-risks