Job title: Intern (Spring 2023)
Job Type: Full or Part Time
Location: Washington, DC
About the Firm:
Patomak Global Partners is a leading financial sector consultancy that applies the insights of senior-level industry experts to advise clients on complex and cutting-edge strategy and risk management challenges. Clients range from emerging cryptocurrency and FinTech companies to major global financial institutions.
This is a position designed for undergraduate or graduate students interested in exploring the cutting edge of financial services regulation, innovation, and public policy. In working at Patomak, individuals will increase their overall knowledge of how financial markets operate and are regulated. Interns receive the opportunity to investigate different portions of financial sector and gain valuable workplace skills for longer-term career success. For undergraduates, the work may prove instructive for a future master’s degree (e.g., M.B.A.), J.D., or Ph.D.
Responsibilities may include:
- Researching various financial sector trends in the U.S. and globally.
- Monitoring and summarizing actions taken by financial regulators related to financial markets and new technologies.
- Providing project management support, including: drafting reports and presentations; editing client deliverables for format, grammar, spelling, and checking footnote citations; drafting and circulating memoranda related to interactions with clients and potential clients; and completing other tasks commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- At least one year of completed undergraduate course work. Additional coursework is preferred, but not required.
- Recommended minimum GPA of a 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- All-hands-on-deck mentality befitting a collaborative work environment.
- Pro-active and curious; ability to quickly get up to speed on new topics and regulatory priorities.
- Strong writing and editing experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel. Experience with R, Python, or STATA is a plus.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Positive attitude and desire to learn.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter please clearly indicate your interest in the spring 2023 internship.