We have the expertise to serve clients on a range of strategy, risk management, and compliance issues facing depository institutions and non-banks with a banking nexus, including on issues related to anti-money laundering compliance, capital and liquidity risk management, fintech partnerships, and planning for growth.
- Banks and bank holding companies
- Bank-fintech partnerships
- State trust companies
- National trust companies
- Credit unions
- International Banks
Commodities & Derivatives Markets
We maintain an expertise in both listed and OTC derivatives products for a variety of registered and non-registered market participants with a particular emphasis on the CFTC and NFA policies rules and regulations.
- Derivatives Clearing Organizations (DCOs)
- Swap Dealers
- Swap Data Repositories
- Designated Contract Markets (DCMs)
- Swap Execution Facilities (SEFs)
- Futures Commission Merchants
- Commodity Pool Operators
- Commodity Trading Advisors
- Introducing Brokers
- Proprietary Trading Firms
Consumer Finance & Fintech
We help bank and non-bank clients navigate state and federal consumer financial laws and regulations. We provide due diligence for acquisitions, assist clients with financial product design and preparation for supervisory examinations, assess and enhance compliance management systems, and provide strategic guidance regarding public policy engagement.
- Insurance companies
- Retail companies with consumer finance arms
- BNPL providers
- Non-bank mortgage originators and servicers
- Non-bank consumer lenders
- Retail payments companies
Cryptocurrency & Digital Assets
We advise cutting-edge crypto-native companies on how to manage risk and maintain compliance as they launch innovative new products, while also serving as a trusted advisor to traditional financial firms and fortune 500 companies on how to leverage digital assets for growth.
- Cryptocurrency exchanges
- Defi platforms
- Blockchain and digital token projects
- Fortune 500 companies operating in the digital assets space
- Banks and other regulated financial firms operating in the digital assets space
We help financial firms and other securities market participants efficiently comply with SEC, FINRA, FCA and other non-U.S. rules and regulations applicable to the securities industry. We also have deep expertise advising firms on the launch of new traded products, market structure, and regulatory trends, as well as significant experience in serving as court-appointed and independent compliance consultants in response to enforcement actions.
- Institutional investors
- Broker-dealers and trading firms
- Asset managers
Our team leverages deep experience working across the U.S., Europe, and Asia on issues at the nexus of financial markets and national security. We advise funds and leading global companies on geopolitical risks related to business activities in sensitive industries, export controls, investment screening mechanisms, and U.S.-China decoupling.
- Multinational conglomerates
- Private equity funds
- Venture capital funds
- International financial institutions operating in sensitive areas
- Technology companies
Progress Starts with a Good Conversation
We advise clients on cutting-edge strategy and risk management challenges. See what we can do for you.